Chicken marinated with spices
The classic recipe from India – chicken marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, with large amount of spices.
- 1 chicken
- ½ cups of usual yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cleared and rubbed (or pounded) ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoons of Cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoons of ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoons of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh branches of coriander (or parsley) for ornament
- Cucumber slices, red onions, tomato, lemon (for garnish)
Divide chicken into several large parts, remove skin and excess fat. Puncture meat with fork, then angle the knife slightly and cut diagonal pieces for the best penetration of marinade.
Mix marinade in a separate bowl: yogurt, lemon juice or vinegar, garlic, ginger, caraway seeds, ground coriander, Cayenne pepper, cardamom, carnation, black pepper and salt. Stir well, then pour out ready marinade on chicken and rub it well in meat, having turned over chicken parts several times.
Cover chicken dish and leave in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours (but no more than 2 days). Marinated meat will need to be taken out in 30 minutes prior to its preparation.
Get chicken, having removed excess of marinade and having covered it with oil. Put steaks on the oiled grill, lower in the tandoor and bake till they are done, overturning 3-4 times. Preparation time – no more than 45 minutes.
Serve with branches of cilantro and pieces of cucumber, red onions, tomatoes and lemon.